Short guide: using Nordigen on top of Tink data
Why use Nordigen on top of Tink data:
- Rich transaction categorisation
Nordigen provides a transaction categorisation service that ensures a high level of accuracy and identifies more than 120+ categories of transactions.
- Great country coverage
Nordigen provides valuable insights based on Tink data in almost any market you currently use Tink or plan to use it.
- Already compatible with Tink files
Nordigen supports the most popular file format for Tink data. This means that your integration with Nordigen is as simple as sending default Tink data files to Nordigen via our secure API.
- Enterprise features: more advanced models and visual dashboards
Nordigen offers a list of Enterprise-level features including advanced scoring models and for data scientists as well as visual dashboards for credit risk specialists.
Step 1: get bank data with Tink
Tink provides an account aggregation service that includes acquiring consent from end-users, connecting to their bank account and acquiring the end-users account information. According to Tink’s API documentation, the output files from Tink are JSON that contain raw bank account data, i.e end-user’s transaction history.
Step 2: enrich bank data with Nordigen
Nordigen provides a set of products that can be used on top of default Tink data Nordigen API. To integrate with our API, you can follow our short integration guide or dive right in to our developer-friendly API documentation.
🚀 Good news — Nordigen supports the default Tink JSON format, which simplifies the API integration process for all Tink users.
The Nordigen products that are typically used on top of Tink data include:
- Transaction Categorisation- categorise transaction data with high accuracy
- Income Insights- verify end-user’s income amount, source and stability
- Loans Insights- verify active liabilities and recent loan repayments, based on the loan type
- Risk Insights- identify high-risk end-user behaviours and credit risk-related data points
- Simple Score- measure the credit risk level based on end-user’s transaction history
- Marketing Insights- identify end-user’s interest in specific fields (e.g. brands, products, etc.), based on their spending behavior.
If you’re already using Tink, the integration with Nordigen is very straightforward:
- Get the raw data file from Tink via API,
- Send the raw data file to Nordigen via API ( following our simple API docs );
- Get the enriched data file from Nordigen via API in seconds.
The file processing on Nordigen side typically takes 5–15 seconds. Larger Tink files (with longer transaction history) can sometimes take more time to process.
Connect to bank accounts and get raw transaction data. Free access to regulated banking data in Europe.
If you found this article interesting please give us a ”Clap”.
If there is anything you want to discuss from your perspective add a comment below.
Check out other Nordigen Blog Posts, share them with your team and let’s build more awareness around open banking together!